Chair: Joan H. Schiller, MD
Vice Chair: Eric Bernicker, MD
Treasurer: Rich Goldberg, MD
Secretary: Ilit Turgeman. MD
- Education. The purpose of the education subcommittee is to educate patients and caretakers, the public, health care professionals and health care societies, hospital systems, policy makers, and other stakeholders about the effects of climate change on cancer care.
- Advocacy. The Advocacy Committee is responsible for identifying relevant and key issues care at the local, regional, national or international level as related to climate change and cancer, and for determining a strategic plan for achieving these
- Outreach. The Outreach committee identifies and reaches out to other health care, professional, private or public organizations, and seeks their input and ideas as to how we can best coordinate and maximize our efforts to ensure that we are pursuing the best evidence-based climate action solutions, and that we are aligned with other ongoing existing efforts.
- Communication. The Communication Committee ensures that our organization and our message is reaching the appropriate stakeholders.
- Global Affairs. This Global Affairs Committee co-ordinate sactivities on the global stage by identifying other health care organizations who share our common interests and activities. The goal is to connect members with one another and identify and promote actionable steps in climate mitigation, advocacy, and research efforts
Cancer touches everyone. As some of society's most trusted messengers, oncology health professionals have a unique voice in being able to raise awareness about the effects of climate change on cancer incidence and outcomes, and in galvanizing decision makers at all levels to act on climate change.